Re: Telmori

From: Paolo Guccione <p.guccione_at_geco.it>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 12:10:31 +0100

> So the Cursed Ones are more likely to survive in their ancestral
> lifestyle than the Pure Ones over time. The Pure Ones are more
> likely to either change or die.

I am starting to think that with "likely to survive" you meant "able to survive and keep their culture safe from external influences", rather than a mere "able to kill more enemies". Which is an idea I like.

> He will have problems if
> he learns magic from other sources (ie a local spirit, a unscrupulous
> sorcerer etc). I just feel the INT x 1/2 is far too clumsy a mechanic
> to represent this.

Agreed, but alas, it is the only mechanics we have in a published version. I would rather use a disadvantage like "when in wolf form, goes berserk against every living thing, including kin (mother eats babies, brother kills Pure brother, etc.)". Now this would make the Curse a very big combat advantage, but a very big social disadvantage. This can explain why Telmori, despite being so successful, lack any sort of central organization. Remember that they were far more civilized than now when Arkat (or was it Talor, rather?) pillaged their lands.

By the way, even the Broos of Dorastor have rebuilt part of the glory they had under Nysalor's empire by now, but Telmori have not, though their number has probably increased. Is it a direct consequence of the Curse? I would say yes.

Paolo Guccione	p.guccione_at_geco.it
		http://www.geco.it/~guccione