The Golden Age of the EWF

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:06:00 +1300 (NZDT)

Steve Martin:

>Somehow, I find it difficult to believe that the draconized leaders of
>the EWF thought that the awakening of the Great Dragon would bring about
>a new Golden Age. Since when have dragons awakening brought anything but
>doom to humans? I think the leaders would have become dragons, and the
>rest of the world would have been what it always has been to dragons -- a
>nest, feeding ground, or distraction.

I feel that based on Ingolf's Saga, the EWF believed that being eaten by a Dragon if done properly (ie the stars are right etc), would transport the sacrifice to Kapertine, the 'Golden Age' of the EWF. IMO the EWF used surplus citizens led by missionaries (think of the Pied Piper of Hamelin) into the maws of dragons to kept the dragons fed and dispose of any idlers and/or potential troublemakers.

Thus IMO if the EWF knew that if the Grand Dragon was awakened and that it would devour glorantha as it did so, that the EWF would not only see this apocalypse as a desirable outcome (for everybody goes to Kapertine) but one to be actively striven for.

It's really a change in perspective, that's all.