Gods...

From: Erik Nolander <eriknolander_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 07:22:07 PST

Hi all,

I know the "nature-of-the-Gods"-question has been debated quite extensively on the Digest, but I4ll take my chances anyway. Flame at will :-).

As far as I can tell, one of the reasons that the Red Goddess as special, is that she was born within the terms of the Compromise, and thus not subject to its laws. If I remember correctly, this is noted as the only time a god/goddess has been created within the Compromise. What strikes me as odd is the fact that there seem to be more gods who also weren4t born during the Godtime, notably Dormal, Pavis and most of the Lunar gods. So, the Red Goddess birth does not seem as singular as it is described. Or is it the fact that all of them were mortals who somehow achieved apotheosis that sets them apart from Our Beloved Rufelza? If so, shouldn4t they be worshipped as Hero Cults rather than "proper" gods (that is, with lesser magic and importance)?

I realize that these questions don4t have simple, straightforward answers (if they can be answered at all), but all comments and thoughts are welcome. Or, if you feel that this topic has been discussed too much, feel free to e-mail me.

Cheers,
Erik Nolander