Telmori and Red Moon question

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 14:59:34 EST

Andre Osentalka (snipping out the =OAs) :

<< So, all Telmori in side the Glowline would be in Wolf form forever, because inside the glowline it's always full moon? May it is the reason why the telmori help Kallyr Starbrow in fighting the lunars. They don't want the Glowline to expand in their terretory? >>

    The magical effects of the Glowline apply only to Lunar cyclical magic AFAIK. I would not expect them to apply to the quite unrelated 'innate' magical ability/curse of the Telmori to transform into wolves at the Full Moon (if we believe Sandy ;-)). So, inside the Glowline, Telmori should IMO transform only when the Moon is *visibly* full just as they do outside.

    The only place anything weird might happen is in Silver Shadow (and how many werewolves are there likely to be there, eh?) because I'm not entirely clear what happens to the moon phases there. As I understand Nick's 'Searchlight Hypothesis' the RM is perpetually 'half' there because you're underneath it. I must admit, this sounds very fishy to me. So can anyone out there please explain why I'm wrong?

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky