Telmori, Talor

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 01:10:36 EST

Steve Rennell, in a very good first post (better than mine):
>That raises a slightly different question, Is the wolf
>form an option for the telmori at empty moon?

Good point. Per the original published write-up, in Heroes 4, the Telmori special spells cannot all be cast every day of the week. See that magazine, or The Book of Drastic Resolutions: Volume Chaos for details. And note that these limitations WERE intended for the Dorastor: Land of Doom write-up, but Ken cut them at some point, I think as a copyfit solution.

Again, there wasn't room in Lords of Terror for these corrections, though I tried to get them in.

Peter Metcalfe
>>Talor, brought back (and likely
>>accompanied) by Harmast and his Lightbringers.

>I have my doubts as to whether he was accompanied by Harmast.

Earlier sources than King of Sartar specifically state that Harmast attempted a second Lightbringers' Quest, and returned with Talor the Laughing Warrior as his prize. Although some say he was less successful than the first time (when he came back with Arkat), others say that he was MORE successful, since he returned with Light, not Darkness.

BTW, has anyone ever wondered if there is a connection between the name of Talor and the title Talar, a king or other ruler of the Malkioni?

BTW, I love the current Pole Arms thread, it makes reading the Digests go so much faster ...

[no offense intended -- I just have had no interest in pole arm discussions since The Dragon #21]

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com