Re: Shafting the sunny boys of Prax

From: Steve Rennell <steve_at_spis.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:11:16 +1100

Hi All,

Kevin Rose wrote:
> Therefore it would be logical to assume that the Yelmalio guys have
> a lot (20%+) of missile troops, but they don't talk about them.

I may be just an RQ2 Weenie, but have things changed so much in RQ3<spit>?

The Cults of Prax writeup of Yelmelio has a Gift of Mastery of a bow, and a skill called Kuschile horse Archery. This suggests to me that The Yelmelio have not only a good respect and use for archers, but that they probably have a light cavalry capable of skirmishing with bows against any in Prax.

Just because the backbone of the army is the PBI doesn't mean they don't have cav or archery. Balanced forces make sense in Glorantha as much as the real world, don't they?

Cheers

Steve

PS. I'm quite enjoying the pike discussion.