Moonish altitude

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 00:12:57 EST

Trotsky asks:
>Of course, the Red Moon is only
>*exactly* overhead in the Crater, where hardly anyone goes, which I
>suppose might explain it. Still makes me wonder what the people who do
go >inside the Crater (the Emperor and his close personal chums IIRC) would >see...

My understanding is that entering the Crater puts you on the Surface of the Moon. And remember, even in Silver Shadow Satrapy, the Moon is so far overhead that it appears pretty much the same as it does anywhere else within the Glowline. Or so I assume, anyways.

Jean adds:
>I think that the dividing line between the dark side of the moon and her
>bright side should be an horizontal line instead of a vertical line as
in
>the RW. The red side is always under the dark side of the moon.
>Outside the Silver Shadow Sultanate, the line cimbs up from a dark moon
>to the full moon, and climbs down from the full moon to the dying moon
>(when a faint red line is still visible).
>In the Silver Shadow Sultanate, the moon has been full since Rufelza
>apotheozised.

If not for a lot of history which says otherwise, and if not for the shape of the Moon rune, with a very clear vertical divider, this would be a good solution, though I would then expect a cat association for some vague reason.

Sorry it couldn't be so!

So, when are we changing the name of the digest to the Gloranthan Pole Arm Digest? :)

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com