Re: phases of the moon

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:04:53 EST

Jean.DURUPT_at_st.com:

<< In the Silver Shadow Sultanate, the moon has been full since Rufelza apotheozised. [snip] Everywhere outside the Silver Shadow Sultanate, the red moon has the same phase on a given day. >>

    The problem with that theory (while it neatly solves my query) is that ES states quite specifically on p 46 that the Red Moon does not have the same phase throughout Glorantha on a given day. It doesn't say how it varies, but the assumption has been that if its full in Dragon Pass, it's black in Erigia and so on, i.e. that it behaves like a real object, but one at an indeterminate yet finite height.

     I'm beginning to suspect that the wierd shit only happens inside the Crater, not throughout the Silver Shadow, and that full moon day in Glamour City is therefore the same as it is in, frex, southern Kralorela (judging from the map) - Fireday, I think, which has a certain logic to it.

Andrew Joelson:

   <<You are missing the Black Orbiter.>>

     Certainly am! I await GloranthaCon IV Compendium with bated breath... :-)

 Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky