Here we go.....

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 97 20:24:36 GMT

The following was posted to rec.games.frp.misc today:

Avalon Hill is looking for playtesters for the upcoming RuneQuest game. The new RuneQuest uses a completely new game system and campaign background, so no experience with previous editions is necessary.

If you'd like to be a playtester, please e-mail AHRUNEQ_at_AOL.COM by Monday, December 15, 1997 with the following information:

  1. Name
  2. Mailing Address
  3. What's your favorite (or most played) RPG?
  4. How often do you play roleplaying games?
  5. How long have you played roleplaying games?
  6. How many people do you typically game with?
  7. Have you ever played RuneQuest before?
  8. Have you ever playtested before?
  9. Wizard or warrior?

Playtesting will start in January/February (the game is slated for a summer release). We'll be taking a limited amount of playtesters at this point, so we'll notify those that are selected by the end of this month.

Avalon Hill

I'm writing to them. I want to see what it will be like.

Michael Cule

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.