Da Moon

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 97 09:14:57 CDT

I'm almost afraid to get into the moon debate even peripherally, but...

Although I rather like the searchlight theory, I wonder why the moon has a dark half and a light half. Why does it not have only a varying luminosity, i.e. the 'half moon' is when the moon is only half as bright as a full moon. It looks like the full moon, only dimmer.

Or maybe this is what it does inside the Glowline.

This is all off the top of my head, of course, and worth only what you want it to be. :)

Baron von Moonhsunc...uh, Moosehsunchen.

Scott Haney scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us An idle mind is worth two in the bush.