Wild ideas on Red Moon

From: Pasanen Panu <passo_at_students.cc.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 14:14:50 +0200 (EET)

> The currently accepted theory is that outside of the Glowline, the Red
> Moon is visible from almost everywhere else in Glorantha. Regardless of
> where you are or how far away, she appears a short ways above the
> horizon, somewhat smaller than the disk of the Sun. And, as far as I can
> tell from my discussions with Greg, she goes through her phases as
> normal.

 So boring. It would be nice, if you could disbelieve her, so you  would never again see her, given that you hate her bad enough. This could  be a Moon-Hater heropower or something.

> Somehow, I have a hard time thinking of Arachne Solara as a "Dark Moon"
> deity.

 Well... at least Jajagapa is not. But it is stated often, that Red  Goddess messed with Arachne Solara a lot. And with Time, too.  I think, that Time is just an aspect of Arachne Solara. Makes some  sense, as Barbesteer is an aspect of Ernalda (result from goddessbirth,   too.) She could have invoked Time or Arachne Solara to break  the compromise. And Dark Moonies (and Monument of Time people)  have all kinds of nifty powers. But still, I am just speculating.  I don't myself take Glorantha too seriously, but anything that  offers a new viewpoint is welcome.

 Panu Pasanen.