Sorcery problems

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 23:56:37 -0600 (CST)

Michael Cule said

Yes. Sandy Petersen's is the best (IMO anyway). <http://rider.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren/Fabulous/roolz.html> Sorcery seems to make a lot more sense and is a viable system using his rules. At the very least you need the errata for RQ3, as it fixes a bunch of horrible sorcery problems. RQ3 sorcery, even with the errata, is pretty badly broken. But it is playable. The Finnish version might include the errata, but I would doubt it due to the general ineptitude of Avalon Hill. The US errata is unfortunatly tied very closely to the page layout of the US version of the rules, so I would suggest not bothering with it and look at Sandy's version.

>Sadly the RQ4 version never escaped onto the net although rumours
>about what was to be in it were available.

I can assure you that the RQ4 sorcery rules were not among its strong points. They were significantly worse than the RQ3 rules. The RQ4 melee combat and character generation were nice, but the Sorcery and Spirit combat stuff was badly broken.

Kevin