Iron poisoning for Uz

From: Emmanuel Ponette <eponette_at_africamuseum.be>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 12:21:53 +0200

Good day all,

last month, my players were trapped by Big Bad Uz and they were thinking of a way to escape. On of them had an interesting idea : "why not poisoning some food with iron and it to the Bad Uz?". And it made me think about what is that in iron that make more damage on them? It cannot be just the iron (the Fe atom) because Uz are rock eaters and there are a lot of rocks that contains Fe atoms. And the blood of humanz contains Fe also. I thought that it could be a question of concentration but it was not satisfying (and very difficult to play). It came to my mind that it was the contact of iron (Fe atoms) with the blood of the uz that is so damaging. The blood of the Uz is probably made of something else than iron (for the red globuls), possibly Chromium, aluminium of even lead!! and that the contact with iron causes a blood poisoning particularly damaging. And that eating rocks or event pur iron is not dangerous for Uz (as long as they don't have a cut in the mouth) The rock stomach can easily digest the Fe atoms like any other components of the rocks.

What do you think of this explaination? Do you have comments? This maybe seems a little bit to scientific for a Gloranthan creature but Uz are flesh and blood like us, aren't they? Everything is of course IMHO. No flame please.

Lost Knight