Yanafal Tarnils and Future...

From: Marcos Matias Martinez Carvajal <marcos_at_rebelact.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:41:35 +0100

Hello All.
>From what I've read on the digest of Yanafal Tarnils, I'm not the only one
with confusion over that topic, so I will post what I think so you tell me where is wrong..

YANAFAL TARNILS
First is that Yanafal Tarnils Discussion. I only have GoG and G,CoHW for reference, and I don't know how it was organiced back in the RQ2 days. In GoG there is a cult of 7 Mothers that doesn't have any subcults and only the cult of the Red Goddes as associate. I assume this is a terrible simplification, and don't really mind it. I also assume that the 7 Mothers Cult is a _Wird_ cult. It is really different from all others, and I think here starts the confusion.
I don't really believe in 3 different cults of Yanafal Tarnils. I think there is *one* and only cult.
The Wird thing lies in the fact that the 7 Mothers cult HAS 7 CULTS (not subcults) inside. So assuming that anyone outside the glowline (that is, people-to-be-absorved-by -lunar-religion) wants to join in, must stop in the "Common 7 Mothers Cult"; the one in GoG. If that same person desires to join YT; well, he has become a laic member, follow all steps, and then join the YT cult. As an alternative, if he stops in laic memberhood of YT, he could use the magic given by YT to the "common 7 mothers cult", like a typical sub-cult.

Inside the Glowline, the thing is *a little* different. One can join directly the YT cult, jumping over the "common 7 Mothers cult". Still, I think, he can use the 7 Mothers Magic, like an associate cult.

THEN, like the orlanth cult, that has differnet subcults for the "fighters" and for the "leaders", the the YT Cult has sub-cults for the "army" and for the.....ummm...."individuals?"

Well that leave us with just one YT cult....is that easy.

FUTURE...?
Ahem...I don't know if in the few issues of the digest I've lost, you posted already,...but,...Any of you have read the message on the web of TOTRM, where says....glubs...that Chaosium is going to *ask the fans for money* to support Glorantha and their new line of publications...????