Rules Digest

From: Tal Meta <talmeta_at_cybercomm.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 18:10:33 -0500

Well, for anyone who is interested, there is now a new RuneQuest Rules list. Since I am poor, I created it over on the free coolist server, which seems fairly mindless, but should serve the purposes of folks who have rules questions not directly related to Glorantha.

(Fascinating as the polearms/agimori/peltast vs. phalanx discussions have been, I think even those who hold such subjects close to their hearts will admit that they do tend to get overwhelming at times).

Since coolist is, as I stated before, fairly mindless, anyone wishing to join it will have to either journey to their website <http://coollist.com/> and punch some buttons (list name is runequest_rules, with the "_") or send me e-mail, and I can add you on.

Thrust of the list will be, naturally enough, Runequest rules, be they v2, v3, v4, or whatever AvHill is cooking up next. (I applied to be a playtester, but haven't heard anything back yet).

Some of the things _I'd_ like to see are scenarios, new spells, new creatures, maybe even an NPC or two (hey, I kinda liked the few that got posted way back on the old list). But I'm not holding my breath. :)

It's setup as an unmoderated digest, which is what I've always preferred. Troublemakers (have we ever had any?) can be dealt with if they crop up.