Re: WTB: OOP

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:10:55 -0800

>I've been buying up the AH stuff, before that goes out of print. The
>only thing I've not got is a GamesMasters box - do I need it?

The gamesmaster box contains books 4 & 5 of the rules, and one of the quick-reference handouts. If you have the main box/rulebook you already have it.

>Buying OOP RQ2 stuff is harder. I'm looking for Griffin Mountain, Pavis
>and Big Rubble. Are they worth getting in the light of AH's River of
>Cradles et al. Where would be a good place to look? Would anyone here be
>interested in selling me a copy?

Crazy Egor's does mail order of used games. ph #201-863-0215. fax# 601-863-0323. I'm sure they have waiting lists for most RQ2 stuff, but you can get added to said lists and (eventually) find what you're looking for.

rec.games.frp.marketplace features occasional auctions of RQ stuff. They tend to be pricey.

Local conventions are a boon. I've found some RQ2 stuff for pennies at their flea markets.

>Finally, is it worth buying the RQ2 companion? Any other RQ2 stuff I
>should be looking for?

The RQ Companion has a great article on Holy Country. There are bunches of other articles too, but that's the only one I regularly reference. I believe the RQ Companion is fully indexed in my Wyrm's Footnotes index:

  ftp://ftp.csua.berkeley.edu/pub/rpg-index

Shannon