Spirits of Law

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 12:36:34 +1300 (NZDT)

Michael Raaterova

>Whence come the Spirits of Law (or Wakbothfoes as i tend to call them to
>avoid the Law-Chaos opposition) that Waha and Stormbull have access to? How
>do they manifest?

I think they are adamantine spirits of the block. Although this raises the question of why Waha can get them. To which I say... urm...er...ask ibbe farqifno..

>Also, can they attack disease spirits (if disease spirits in fact are
>chaotic)?

I don't think disease spirits are chaotic enough.

>Can they attack chaotic spirits?

If the spirit was free-floating, yes

>Can they attack chaotic spirits possessing someone?

If the possession was dominant, yes.

>Can they "cure" a broo impregnation?

I think the broo masks itself in the aura of the victim. Thus to kill the broo, the victim would have to lose the spirit combat and when reduced to zero magic points, loses 1d6 POW.

>Can they be used
>to cleanse stuff befouled or cursed by chaos (like chaos-tainted god
>crystals)?

It would leave the object scarred and unsuable methinks.

>Do they automatically sense chaos?

I suspect that they would have to fight one round of spirit combat with a mundane foe to find if it was chaotic or not. Normally they are directed to an obvious chaotic foe by the summoner.