Sorcery systems

From: Tal Meta <talmeta_at_cybercomm.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 00:05:34 -0500

> From: <manderson_at_andyne.com>
> Subject: sorcery systems
>
> regarding the disparity in power of starting vs. experienced
> sorcerors;

<snip>

> highly effective when working within his religious organization;
> highly competent sorcerors can be real terrors (this doesn't
> bother me, but I guess it irritates some folks.)
> this doesn't help PC sorcerors much; presumably they'll be
> functioning outside of their 'natural' cultural role. your best
> shot as a PC sorceror is to try to score a magic item or two, and
> to keep your free int as high as possible. train your enchant and
> ceremony skills so that you can build your own magic items, and
> scheme for the day that your long term plans will come to
> fruition.

Someone (name escapes me) wrote an article in Dragon magazine several years ago on how to play an effective RQ3 sorcerer. basic tips were learn Summon/Dominate/Bind spells for INT & POW spirits early, then move on to Magic spirits while keeping your INT free andbuidling up your skills with your other spells. Until Sandy's Sorcery came along, i used to hand a copy of that article to anyone who wanted to play a sorcerer, and tell 'em "This works. It takes forever, but eventually you'll eat Storm Bulls for breakfast."