Old questions that came back

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 11:40:27 -0000

There is a couple of old questions about Prax / the Wastes that I never bothered to ask but a recent posting by Jean Durupt gave me the insentive to raise then:

Jean Durupt:
> They had better lives than the Oasis people

I nver found enough information on the Oasis people. I remember that Pavis had some very insuficient data on them. Can someone please describe them to me? Culture, religion, economy, things like that.

> For gold, tin, bronze and iron, they can always trade with Kralorela.

Prax / the Wastes are (IMO intensionaly) similar to central Asia in the sense they are a crossing between different civilizations and peoples. I would expect to exist old and more or less stable trade routs crossing it (like the silk road in the RW), specialy because of the closing.

Do they exist? Who operates them? What is traded? Which are the main stops along the road?

Best,

Sergio