The Secret: NOT!

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 19:49:01 GMT

Michael Raaterova he say:

> But hey, remember the secret of the God Learners:
>
> "It's only a game."

No, I really don't think so. I tried a variant of this on Greg a while back and he definitely turned it down....

(I really, really want to know The Secret. And I suspect I never will...)

(What do you mean I'm taking this all too seriously?)

And on a slightly different subject I suspect that Paolo's analysis of the reasoning behind AH's recent decisions are accurate. I also believe that if they are that much detached from what their customers want it will take more than reason and people writing them to protest to make them change their minds. (See 'Injelistis': one of C. Northcote Parkinson's best essays about how businesses go wrong.) I fear it will take the release of their new 'RuneQuest' and the subsequent disaster to make them see reason. By which time it will be too late.

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.