Re: Orlanthi in Sarro and Prax

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 22:23:58 -0800

Chris Bell proposes

> However, there is a reason for Sarro's Orlanth community to retain
> ideological
> similarity with their Genertelan cousins... The Guided Teleoprt spell.
> ... That Sarro Temple of Orlanth may be linked
> up with various
> Orlanth holy sites around the world, such as Kero Fin.

Hmm, an interesting idea. It's true that the spell description says there's no range limitation, but teleporting from Genertela to Pamaltela seems wrong to me.

Even if you do believe it's possible, I don't think any Guided Teleport sites would have survived the devastation at the end of the Second Age.

Remember, one of the themes of the Third Age is the breakdown in communications (e.g. the Closing and the Ban).

Jean Durupt states

> The Praxians stopped their yearly raids on the Orlanthis (in Dragon
> Pass), when the Pol Joni tribe was created. The Orlanthis were unable to
> kick the nomads out of their lands.

But the Pol Joni are Orlanthi. And never intended on kicking all Praxians out of all of Prax. In fact, the Pol Joni did manage to take a certain amount of land from the Praxians.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #288