Re: Spirits of Law, Metals, Drastic: Prax

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 12:29:45 -0500

Humble lay member Emmanuel humbly writes:

> I would like to know more of these Spirits of Laws (from both
> mystical and "rules" point of view). Could you please tell me
> where I can find this information (if still available)?

Spirits of Law are described in the Waha Cult, which was recently reprinted in issue #15 of "Tales of the Reaching Moon" magazine. See below for contact info. There has been far more discussion of them "from a mystical point of view" in recent Dailies than in any previous publication or source: they're POW 2D6+6 spirits that are summoned and commanded by Waha Khans and Shamans and can only attack chaotic foes.

> What about silver, lead, gold, aluminium,.. I mean all metals
> that are Runic for few Runic people? Are they also different
> from the 'natural' ones? or are they extracted from rocks?

Our best source for information about the metals of Glorantha is an article in the "Elder Secrets" boxed set from Avalon Hill. If you read that first, you'll be as well informed as most of us. There are differences between Gloranthan metals and mundane ones, both in their mundane state (e.g. all metals can be mined in pure forms, or dug up as bones, including e.g. bronze mines) and their enchanted one (e.g. enchanted aluminium neither floats nor sinks and can easily be transformed to liquid mercury; enchanted gold glows in the dark; etc.). It's all in the book.

> I heard that Drastic: Prax is printed. How can I get it?

Drastic Resolutions Volume Prax is available from the Reaching Moon Megacorp. For contact details, price, availability, other products, etc., drop by the Tales homepage:

        <http://www.tang.demon.co.uk/TOTRM/front.html>

::::
Nick
::::