Questions

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 00:54:29 +1300 (NZDT)

Klyfix:

>Hmm, and then the player characters would
>all become Dr. Who companions and travel through time and space! :)

On a serious note, this is something that occurs in the Entekosiad and something Greg wanted to see treated in the new game. Gloranthans don't go into the Tardis or travel through space but they do visit the past although there are serious limitations to the method.

Tadaaki Kakegawa:

> 1) Why Androgynous isn't mentioned in KoS though she/he is one of Super
> Heroes? (Shadow's Good Shadow may be she/he ....)

Because the Argrath Saga is primarily about Argrath (even Sir Ethilrist is snubbed in a similar way) and the Composite History of Dragon Pass is especially about Argrath.

> 2) Does Anyone know ten (or more?) Phalanx Cults in Red Army?
> I have heard of Granite, Basalt, Beryl, Marble, Jasper and Malachite
> Phalanx Regiments. And do they have connection with Ten Princes of
> Khordavu ? (I remember someone say so.)

The Rough Guide to Glamour mentions an Adamantine Phalanx but I think that's a mistake. And no, they don't have a special connection to the Ten Princes. They were the core of Khordavu's army and Khordavu was one of the Ten Princes before he became the Emperor. The number 10 is prominent because it's sacred to the Dara Happans.

> 3) Regarding Lunar Regiment Units in WBRM. Where are they stationed,
> especially in Provinces? I know Queen's Regiment and Spell Archers
> are Carmanian Satraps' Regiment and sometimes go to Dragon Pass.
> Of course Tarsh Corps are stationed in Tarsh Kingdom.

> IMO Heartland Corps mentioned in WBRM is stationed in provinces
> (Aggar, Holay, Vanch, Imther) and under command of Appius Luxius i.e.
> Provincial Corps.

The Heartland Corps are stationed wherever the Lunar Army needs them. The River of Cradles mentions the Marble Phalanx, the Silver Shields and the Antelope Lancers in the City of Pavis. The placement of the army units in the provinces is not the responsibility of Appius but the Provincial General (ie Fazzur Wideread as of 1621) who is responsible to Bellex Maximus, the Imperial Overlord. Beyond that I can't give any firm placements.

> 4) Recently I learn Grim Soldiers are the elite of DX cult and
> Bloodspilers are under command of Jar-Eel Razoress and maybe the
> elite of YT cult. Are there any information about other units, like
> Yalamese, Jintori, Feathered-axe, Starkin, Unriver, Bell Temple etc.?

There is plenty of information although it's unpublished (it was developed for the minatures game).