Over-complexity

From: David Cheng <cheng_at_global2000.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 10:25:00 -0500

MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE COMPLEXITY OF THE DISCUSSION ON THIS DIGEST: Not to be too egotistical or anything, but I think this speaks to the level of intelligence and commitment members of the Gloranthan community bring to their gaming. "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."

I myself would NOT want to see multi-issue discussion of topics like:
* If there were a Battle of Castle Blue II, what would Humakt's stats be
  when he manifested on the field of battle?
* Don't you think stats for chaotic creatures should be rolled on d8s?

If you read the Usenet News groups on other games, like D&D, Shawdowrun, et al., I'm sure you'll find the level of discussion there much less 'substantial', less 'nutritious' even.

*DC