trivia stuff

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 17:06:02 +1300 (NZDT)

Stephen Martin:

>I seem to recall Greg rejecting an Adamanine Phalanx while working on the
>Lunar Army Book -- although adamantine is a legitimate RW stone, IIRC,
>and would certainly fit the bill, it was too close to the
>mystical/mythical metal called 'adamant', for comfort.

Adamant is an old word for diamond or rather the word 'diamond' is descended from 'adamant' (although my dictionary says that adamant was also used to refer to an extremely hard steel or a lodestone). The modern mineral as far as I can find out is Adamite.

Danny bourne:

>1) Just who are the Black Fang & what do they do? (My take was that they
>are the 'unofficial' law enforcement arm of the Pavis cult).

They are bandits and assasins. There was an article by Sandy about them in the Glorantha-Con IV booklet.

>2) Who or what is Gim Gim?

Chief of the Moonmasks (an unofficial lunar secret police in pavis). He also has some alleged relations with the Krarsht cult and/or the Black Fang.