Current state of affairs

From: Nikk Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:43:23 +0000

The most vibrant conversation on the List for ages and it isn't even about Glorantha... :)

Stephen Martin:

>When I first subscribed to the Glorantha Digest a year ago, I was
>expecting the _Digest_, not the _Daily_. And, though I enjoy the _Daily_,
>I would much prefer the _Digest_; I have said this to Shannon a couple of
>times.

Can't we have both??? Surely if you don't want to read an article you can merely press the "page down" button. I think Peter Maranci's idea of trying to bring some of the older digest ideas back is an excellent one, I'd much prefer to read a description of an ancient holy spot in mid Ralios than to skip through a debate about Cats and Dogs. Not that Cats and Dogs (and other Gloranthan debates I don't particular care about) are any less useful or don't have a place on this list! I'd just prefer more "gameable" material, and don't see why the esoteric can't coexist alongside it.

Paolo Guccione:

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. If something gets posted on the Net it often remains unread, or uncommented on. I even have an example! When I flooded the Digest a while back with a cult write up for my campaign I received feedback that pointed me in the right direction and allowed me to rewrite it completley (this was the St. Orlanth cult BTW). When I posted it on the net, and sent a post here saying it was available, I received no comments.... this might just be that no-one is intrested in St. Orlanth, but I'd prefer to have received *some* comments about it. The reason I don't post any of the statistics, scenarios or more gameable materials for my Otkorion campaign is that I don't believe it would receive any feedback, which is a bit of a downer. I think Nick summed it up perfectly when he wrote:

>I just got my first Christmas present early this year (from Craig
>Shackleton, in V5 #191). Thanks, Craig! People like you make it all
>worth while.

Post to the Digest! I think there's room for the scholars, the gamers and the people in between.

Nikk E.

Nikk Effingham
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/7556/

    "If absolute power corrupts absolutely,