Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #295

From: Peter Donald <neurolab_at_psyc.queensu.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 97 21:30:51 -0400

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 00:28:02 GMT, Nick Brooke wrote:

>V.S. Greene comments, helpfully, that: =
>> A goodly portion of the Digest discussion is so esoteric that
>> Newbies are likely to lose their minds and run off screaming
>> to embrace another game world rather than try to comprehend
>> it all.
>
>These would be those newbies without a "page-down" key, yes?

        Close, but no cigar - this would be those newbies who, after page-downing (or local equivalent) through twenty or thirty screens worth of picky debates over how many pinheads can dance on a (Y)Elmal(ion)'s pike decide "Bugger this, I'd be better off buying the Japanese translation of the game - it still won't make any sense, but at least it'll have some pretty pictures in it. Those people who told me this was a way cool game must have had their collective heads shoved up so high they were choking on the hair in the backs of their throats" and go back to playing in the World of Insufficient Illumination.

>Frankly, when I skim past screeds of horse-trading about the
>traditions of Fonritian Sorcery, I take in absolutely nothing.

        Egg-zackle. Figure that if it makes *your* eyes glaze over, how's it going to look to somebody who doesn't know Fonrit from Framingham?

        Quick poll - how many people read every article in every Digest? Most of them? Some? Do a quick page-down through the ToC and hit "delete" unless they spot something that looks promising?