Re: Topics

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 09:02:05 -0500

Sergio said it better than I ever have:

> There is always someone thinking that some issues are discussed
> more than they deserve while other issues don't get the attention
> they need. The problem is that nobody agrees on which are over
> and which are underdiscussed. That's the price of freedom, and GD
> is a free space.

Exactly! This is an *unmoderated* mailing list. You don't *have* to ask anyone's permission before sending in anything Gloranthan. (And, IMO, the recent RQ rules Q's have been entirely reasonable, too, as there doesn't seem to be anywhere else for them to go. So long as we stick to the rules issues and don't stray off to Alternate Earths, Gateways, Forgotten Realms and the like...).

If you're bored by "Alynx vs. Dog" stuff, try to start your own conversation.  Think of something interesting to contribute, or ask a question about something that's been bothering you for years. Don't post "Oh no, this is so boring, nothing good ever happens here" and switch off: not only is that unproductive: it's downright rude. (As we can be, too, given sufficient provocation).

I disagree with *huge* tracts of the guff that Peter, Joerg, Stephen, Sergio, Martin, the False Davids, and various others may post. But I'll defend to the death their right to post it. If we can't indulge ourselves  talking about Glorantha here, then where the hell can we?

:::: Some new bits on my homepage, inc. "Whatever Happened To...?"

Nick                                 _at_
:::: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke/>