Awards and seasonal HQing, yet another survey

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 19:34:46 +0000

Nick said:
> I'd like to nominate Lee Insley for a "Courtesy beyond the Call of
> Duty" Gloranthan Digest Award. Any seconds?
Seconded. I'd suggest Tal Meta might get the same award, though. Anyone with the guts to do a full public apology has my respect.

> (NB: while I did use my award-winning Sarcasm against Lee, I hope I
> wasn't flaming him *too* severely -- lightly browned, not burnt to a
> crisp!)

He seems to have survived (just). A thought: does a Nick Attack substitute for the Baths of Nelat? Given that the Sacred Time is almost upon us, this may become a very relevant question if enough Digesters are trying suitable HQs. I gather Saravan is doing a Westfaring (if you count Australia to the UK as "west"): maybe we could do the full LBQ between us!

Survey time:
> Quick poll - how many people read every article in every Digest? Most
> of them? Some? Do a quick page-down through the ToC and hit "delete"
> unless they spot something that looks promising?
I read about 50% at present. But I never delete, I archive. Someday I'll actually need to know about pike lengths, and it'll all be there.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/