Re: Non-Magical God

From: Lee R. Insley <maelstrom_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 21:10:29 -0500

Mike Pastorello:
> An idea hit me that I would like some help in planning. Imagine if a
> non-magical god sprang up in this world a la Christianity, where
> miracles are attributed to him but the believers forsake their magic
> in order to put their trust and faith in this new god.

What if you expanded on the Ceremony and Ritual skills as a means for those to access their god. Perhaps each *prayer* would be considered one or the other, and the success of the *spell* would depend on a successful skill role. Add to that the magic points (or actual POW) expended in the ceremony/ritual and you have a different way of casting or thinking about spells without having to change too much in the system.

Lee