whatever...

From: Bill Thompson <interlit_at_pacificcoast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 01:17:57 -0800 (PST)

There has been much debate ( and I use the term loosely) about the condition of the Digest and the nature of its contents.

To those who challenge the system I say Bravo! Remember no establishment should be so calcified that it can not face criticism.

To those who stood in defense of the realm I say, well done! You fought well. Girded in passion and armed with flame.

I see myself as a newbie. I don't think that anyone will claim to know everthing. And if they do I'll hold em down and you can kick em.

I began playing Rq in '78 and am still going strong.The attraction, in part anyway, is that there is always something to discover. Be you Newbie or be you like the old man who sits on mountain dispensing wisdom to all, there is always change and growth in Glorantha.

In my current Game I run a first age group of Malkioni through the world of the Broken Council ( A fantastic supplement guys). When I had first set the scenario into play I had determined that the character's (3 cousins) Grandfather had been ZZabur's disciple. At the time I had little info on ZZabur and so I determined him to be childless.

I have since heard otherwise yet my game remains intact. ZZabur is still without progeny.

There is no truth in history, only perceptions of the truth. There is no reality that we can grasp, only perceptions of reality.

My attitude has always been that Glorantha is the source you draw from to create your game. Your game is your perception of Glorantha, make it your own.No one else's opinions will matter squatto there.

Stuff that I have read on the digest has allowed me to flesh out my scenario and hopefully make it more real an experience for the players. And maybe in the future, in another game, ZZabur might have sons, but for now he doesn't and you know what? he doesn't miss em.

And yes maybe we do get carried away with topics (any one have the 38th article about polearms by the way?) and maybe we should try to add more variety to our schedule. As much as I enjoy watching Nick run a BBQ I would like some of the game masters to post more info about their campaigns. I live too far away to play in them but I should like to hear about them.

and if people tell you that you are running something wrong then just say
"That's the way it is bud, if you don't like it, make your own damn world"

Bill

"Ask me a riddle and I reply:
"Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston Pie.""