Jeff and David and surveys and content

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:02:27 -0500

'Tis the season to give kudos, fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la. Kudos to Jeff Richard's scenario outline and David Dunham's holy spot in Ralios. Well done!

As far as the survey regarding how much of the Digest I read the answer is just about everything. (It's only when I can't figure out what the heck a thread is
about that I skip it);->

As far as content of the Digest goes I'd propose the following. Since we get as many Digests as there is content sent in why not send anything Gloranthan related? It's not like you're denying anyone else space. If people don't like full scenarios on the Digest send a synopsis of a scenario and tell people where the full thing is located. There are a heck of a lot of
websites out there and who has time to check out each one?

Some sort of service letting people know when sites have been updated would be great. (Kudos to those who put this on their front page like David Dunham (again) and Nick Brooke (just two examples), bad Oliver for not doing the same). Maybe Kim Englund would be willing to post this info on his
website if people let him know?

On a related note what I'd like to see more of on the Digest is praise for people who write something others like. I'm guessing that a lot of people read something they like and then never bother saying "bravo!" (enough with the kudos already). Everyone likes to be stroked now and then and some positive reinforcement doesn't hurt to encourage people to be creative. Sure we could end up with Digests full of "bravos!" but it'd be worth it to encourage good fiction, scenarios, etc. Besides you could always send praise directly to the author.

Oh BTW Peter, Tooth Fairies? (Groan). Is their inspiration the muse Dentalhygenia by any chance?

Oliver D. Bernuetz
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/realm/5545 bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca