The Revolution of the Illuminated

From: Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 09:19:59 -0800

Hi -

Egads! My previous post on the "evils of Lunar Marxist-Leninism" was not intended to be a tirade against the charm of the Tales' "Evil Empire" as a source of inspiration for their politics, their slogans, and bureaucratized revolution. I've often thought of Sheng Seleris as Adolf Hitler and his nomads as the Nazi occupiers - making the War Against Sheng the Great Patriotic War of the Lunar Empire.

No, what I was complaining about is the tired treatment of the Lunar Occupation of Sartar. The "freedom-loving" Sartarites fighting to the end against the evil jack-booted thugs of the Empire. Blah blah blah.

Carry on the Revolution of the Illuminated, Nick.

Jeff