the newborn king scenario

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:20:02 -0500

Luc Lavergne writes:
> In another way, what about a brightly shining star moving through the
> sky, pointing the place where the new god is born. What about 3
> magicians, a shaman, a sorcer and a priest, all following this same
> star to fullfill this ancient prophecy. What about this leading to
> Pavis, where the poor parents of the god to born were to sleep with
> the nomads. The god would see light for the first time between a bison
> and an antelope. The Lunars would know about it and would try to
> eliminate the newborn king, killing all children in the pavis
> surrounding. But the son of the carpenter, leaving with nomads, was to
> live. He would later announce the ascension of the White Moon where
> all those whith true faith shall live forever after their death, on a
> land never ever touched by evil.
>
> The sorcerer would be there to see the new prophet of the invisible
> god. The shaman would be there seeking the spirit of the star which
> was announced many generations ago. The priest would be answering the
> divination he received. But all would leave their magic powers forever
> to the faith in the newborn king...

Beautiful. I have a bunch of wild cards to add to this...

Truth is the child is not a boychild, but a girlchild. She is born to a family of White Moon Cultists, and is prophesied to be the incarnation of the coming White Moon. The Lunars know, so GimGim kills all the boy and girl children in Pavis. Jar-eel searches for the newborn incarnation of the white moon, to train her in the Lunar Way. Rumor: The child is a boychild and the child of White Bull Cultists, prophesied to free Prax from the Lunar Yoke. The bright, steadily shining star that ascends over Pavis is actually the very distant White Moon, which is slowly becoming visible, but only to those who have keen magical senses. Or is it the White Bull? The three wise men are a Kralorelan magistrate, a Doraddi chieftan, and an Esquimeaux shaman from Valind's great glacier. Rumor: the child was actually born 27 years ago, and is only now coming to full adulthood and full incarnation of the White Moon/White Bull. Rumor: the White Moon is proof against all magic. Rumor: the White Bull will bring peace to the tribes of Prax. Rumor: GimGim is the White Bull. Rumor: Argrath is the incarnation of the White Moon. Rumor: Sor-eel is the incarnation of the White Moon. Rumor: Sor-eel is the father of the White Moon child. Rumor: the White Moon and Rashoran/Gbaji/Nysalor/Arkat are one and the same.