non-humans

From: joelsona_at_superman.cig.mot.com
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:34:38 -0600

Mark Anderson:
> ... this is somewhat unfortunate, as the gloranthan nonhumans are one
> of the many areas which differentiate glorantha from other RPG settings
> (and the RW) in a Really Big Way.....
> ...i find the mostali culture extremely interesting, although it does
> make it difficult to play a dwarf PC.

     You just hit the nail on the head. You can play a troll, and he can be a functioning member of society (his, not necessarily yours), but an elf or a dwarf that would join your group is pretty much by definition warped/damaged/mad by elf/dwarf societal norms. These races are descended from the Man Rune (if that's how you want to phrase it), and should be able to interact a bit more easily. If I want bizarre, there's plenty of races that _aren't_ linked to the Man Rune, (like Dragonewts, frex).

Nick on new stuff:

     Why don't you send this to Charlie Krank & the Issaries crew?

                        Andrew

"The Muse struck me the other day, but I am recovering nicely"