Sacred Time (not Nick's)

From: Maria or Michael <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 22:46:17 +0100

>the incorrigible
>scholar in me forces me to say that, in the northern hemisphere at least,
>we've >just passed Midwinter (Fireday of Illusion Week in Dark Season)
>and have a quarter-year to go before Sacred Time at the Spring Equinox.

Just to prove that scholars, incorrigible as they might be, can be wrong, or, rather, nor right:

Sacred Time isn't about celebrating the spring equinox, though it does take place at that time. Sacred Time is about mourning the death of the year (and thus the world) and celebrating the birth of the new year (and thus the world).

So, happy Sacred Time to all except Nick (who has to settle for a MCaaHNN)!

Michael Raaterova

<.sig omitted on legal advice>