Aw shucks & pronunciation

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 11:32:28 -0800

>BTW, self-righteous "all scholars bash newbies" types, be aware: I know
>Danny, who is a published author of damn' fine RuneQuest supplements,

I am? You surprise me.

>quondam magazine editor, (and it's still not dead, we'll just have to wait and
>see what happens with Glorantha & certain things that I'm negotiating with
>Chaosium at the mo.

and not, by any stretch of the imagination, a
>"newbie". Besides, I'm hardly bashing him, now, am I?

But I'm sure you would if I asked you nicely. Such as at The Churchill, perhaps. (I just can't get Steve Thomas's antics out of my mind, it made Mike McGloin look tame).

As for Jrustela, my answer is how do you pronounce Moscow? If you're American it's moss-cow, if English Moss-co, if Russian Moskva. Paris is Pa-ree if French, Pa-riss if English. (Hence I say Pa-viss, not Pay-viss, although Gay Pa-vee does tickle me). Therefore I'd say that Jrustela is probably pronounced differently depending where you are and so an 'proper' pronunciation doesn't matter too much (as long as you agree with the English version, of course).