Gaming Material - Web Post vs Digest Post

From: TheCam <TheCam_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 03:28:48 EST

Howdy!

I must agree with Nikk here:

>When I
>flooded the Digest a while back with a cult write up for my campaign I
>received feedback that pointed me in the right direction and allowed me to
>rewrite it completley (this was the St. Orlanth cult BTW). When I posted it
>on the net, and sent a post here saying it was available, I received no
>comments....

When I announced a while back about doing a Gloranthan conversion and DP scenario for Civ 2, I had plenty of people download my stuff but got feedback from only a couple of people. I expect to get a lot more when I start asking things directly to the Digest...

Daniel McCluskey:

>I am much happier with my 4 KL cult write ups
>than I am with my complete lack of the Gloranthan Bestiary.

Really happier or just less annoyed?

As far as all this "what should be on the Digest" and "what's official and what isn't" stuff is concerned, I run *my* Glorantha, not Gregs, not Nicks, not Peters, etc. Granted, my game incorporates most of the "official" stuff but I change what I don't like and if I make up something that is later Gregged (or Nicked, etc.,) I decide which I like better and use it (and try to make the transition as painless as possible, if a transition is necessary.) Wether or not it's the Godlearner's Secret, it's *still* only a game...

Lastly, fwiw, I read whatever portion of the Digest catches my interest, which tends to be about 20%. What I do read tends to be worth sifting through all that I don't.

Camo