Re: Nick Brooke Re: Cultural Models

From: Sergio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 10:39:28 -0000

Nick Brooke:
>> The former version of the Lunar Empire was a mixture of romans
>> and arabians. The present version is only based on ancient Persia.
>
> Where on earth did you get that idea? Where have you found this
> "present version" of the Lunar Empire (the "ancient Persian" one)?

I knew this one was going to be tough. I based that frase on what I got from discussions on GD. (It will take a while before I can acquire all the zines you mentionned.) Your paragraph on the inspirations for the LE sets things right.

>> Before, nomads combined greek with non-greek elements. Now
> they are basicaly dark age peoples.
>
> Er, I don't really see what you mean.

Neither do I. I always try to check what I write before sending it but sometimes embarassing mistakes go unnoticed. You see, it was supposed to be *barbarians* not *nomads*.

> doing it in BLOCK CAPITALS, TOO, WHICH ALWAYS LOOKS
> RATHER DAFT IN A DAILY POST (almost as bad as people who
> dont think that punctuation matters in their posts

Sorry, I didn't ment to be rude. It just happens that being a recent user (less then one year) of e-mail, I didn't know you shouldn't use block capitals in it. A friend answering a message just expained me so.

Best,

Sergio