re: Corrosion effects

From: Tal Meta <talmeta_at_cybercomm.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 19:13:18 -0500

> From: "Erik Nolander" <eriknolander_at_hotmail.com>
> Subject: Corrosion effects
>
> Hi all,
>
> Since the new RQ rules digest doesn4t seem to be in working order
> (no offence to Tal Meta intended!), I4ll post this here:

None taken. Unfortunately, the Holidays and my quest for a new server have overlapped; hoping for more news next week.

> How do people handle the effects of acid corrosion on armour? Do
> you use the "parry" rules (AP:s are reduced by one each time they
> receive excess damage) or the more nasty "one AP removed for each
> damage point"-rule? I can4t find a clear reference in the (RQ3)
> rules.

I generally use the more vicious of the two, for the simple fact that if I've introduced a source of acid into my campaign, odds are it's because I've let someone purchase armor that's -too good-. I also enjoy employing a critter from another game system who's touch rusts metals to powder: very effective against the occasional bloke who has managed to get himself some iron or steel armor. I've got at least one cult that trains these beasts, and frequently gets then as allied spirit receptacles.