Ernaldan HQ

From: Jon Thorvaldson <Jon.Thorvaldson.4851_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 12:29:40 +0100

In gd #308 Jane Williams wrote:

>Personally I'm doing an Ernaldan HQ this year

and my first thought was 'Is she going to have a baby?', but I was proved wrong. However, this thought stayed for a while and I begun to ponder on it: Would not pregnancy be a magival event to most gloranthans, especially to those who follow a godess like Ernalda? And would there not be riuals, minor HQs even, to be performed during pregnancy to ensure that the child would turn out fine and strong, eand be accepted by the gods and the wyter?

Opinions, anyone?

Apropos the poll: I read most of the GD, although I skim through parts, such as the (at the time aparently) endless spears/pikes/phalanx debate. (But I liked the cats/dogs/goats/orlanthi taboos thread. It was about the kind of cultural windowdressing that I enjoy, being a renegade anthropologist.) I also save the digests for the hypothetical reason of 'I-might-need-this-later'.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #311