Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #310

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 13:10:28 +0800 (WST)

Nick claimed
> The "False Davids", of course, are all of those Davids who do not
> hold the doubled David rune. They can only use the most powerful
> David rune-spells on a one-use basis. Yes, David Cake is one of
> the (many) False Davids.

        I have to object strongly. Cakeian Davidianity is the only true path of Davidness. Sure, some of those other Davids get some more powerful rune-spells, but only by messing with forbidden powers, like accountancy and editing. Dunhamite Davidry is obviously a close heresy of Cakeian Davidry, and the closest to the true path, given their access to such abilities as Macintosh developement, Newton ownership, and having been a radio announcer.

        ObGloranthan content: I think that a lot of people with Open Seas may well have bought it from the Vadeli, who I'm sure would sell such knowledge for a suitable price. Of course, they didn't sell it until after their near monopoly became unexploitable (ie after they lost control of Fonrit).

        Cheers

                David