Wild Hunt

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 18:44:11 +1300 (NZDT)

Thomas Gottschall:

>From time to time I read of the wild hunt. This seems to be some magical
>phenomenon of the Orlanthi. Could anybody give me a more detailed info ?

It's actually a Gagarthi phenomenon. Tales had a writeup of the cult in issue 4, with the spirit magic spells in issue 5. The Souls of the Gargarthi go and join the Wild Hunt where they hunt down Star Bears. Occasionally they manifest to hunt down cult recaltraints and unfortunates who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The only other mention of Star Bears that I know of is in Lunar mythology where the Goddess herself is riding on a bear.