Telmori

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 01:15:37 EST

Tim Ellis really is a bit late:
>Anyone care to conjecture what it was Ostling had to offer, and whether
>he was able to give the Dragon Pass Telmori any tangible sign that their
>curse might be broken, or merely hope?

This is what I was talking about a couple of weeks ago (sorry, don't know the Digest #, as I no longer archive them) when I mentioned a third type of Telmori Tribe, the Changed Ones. The Curse is still in force, but instead of affecting all of the Telmori 1 night in 7, it affects about 1 in 7 Telmori by allowing them to turn into wolves at will, though still requiring them to become wolves on Wildday nights (or whenever -- I don't want to start that argument again).

So, to recap my beliefs:

Pure Ones -- no involuntary change, no voluntary change, can use Divine spells to change

Cursed Ones -- involuntary change on Wildday, no voluntary change, can use Divine spells to change

Changed Ones, majority -- no involuntary change, no voluntary change, can use Divine spells to change

Changed Ones, werewolves -- involuntary change on Wildday, voluntary change at will

Although they would gain little relative benefit anyways, perhaps the Changed Ones can no longer gain any benefit from the Telmor Divine spells?

And yes, I realize that the Changed Ones overall are much better off than either the Pure or Cursed Ones. That is what heroquesting magic is primarily for, after all -- to enrich the tribe.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com