Birth et al

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 23:27:09 EST

Jane just said something which sparked a thought:
>Quite what form this takes I'm not sure, apart from the obvious
>medical precautions. Some sort of warding against malign influences, of
>course.

Given that the inner workings of a woman include lots of things to keep an unborn child healthy, may I suggest that Eninta, goddess of childbirth (see King of Sartar) either is now, or was in the past, a foe of Malia? And that perhaps she gives some kind of spell to help the unborn child resist disease?

Allen Wallace
>If the good Ernaldan wants to insure conception and a healthy baby,
she'll >have to go see that midwife, you know the one that used to be ...

This is really rather amusing -- I think it is a good idea, at least in some areas: I doubt the Ulerians have much presence in an Ernalda-dominated land like Esrolia, where specialized subcults or spirit cults might provide spells to replace Uleria's.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com