Female Kralorelan leaders & East Isles ships

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 16:38:31 +0100

Camo:

> Also, can anyone give me the names of powerful females (past or present) in
> Jolar, Kralorela, Black Horse County, and among the Beastmen of DP and the
> Dwarves? Greg has already told me that there are no female leaders in
> Kralorela but a powerful priestess or somesuch will do

If a completely unoffical one will do, I wrote up an equally unofficial description on an all-female army unit in Kralorela some years ago and posted it to the Digest. Its commander has the rank of an exarch and is called the Hooded Exarch because she always wears a hood to conceal her gender.

Peter M:

> >With only stone tools, the North
> >Arm peoples cannot build larger sized sea vessels. Without
> >the protection of a strong navy, they were an easy prey to
> >the recent Vorumai invasion.
>
> Polynesians can build catamarans that could sail the southern
> seas. And they weren't metal workers.

The North Arm peoples can sail long distances like the polynesians, but in both cases the vessels are small, even if they are seaworthy, and not suitable for a military navy. Not to mention that the stone age economy of the North Arm cannot support a navy.

But to clarify then, the North Arm ships can sail for as long as the fresh water supply aboard allows. And desalination magic is fairly common among the Islanders, so I don't doubt they could sail to Luathela (if they wanted).

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689