Telmori questions

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 21:09:58 EST

Thomas Gottschall
>The GoG write-up of Hykim & Mikyh give some example of transform
>spells. Among these are two Telmori ones. Both of them can't be cast on
>certain moon phases. Yet Dorastor containing a far more complete Telmor
>write-up doesn't mention a word on these. I would like what most of you
>people believe is to be true.

I think I addressed this point a couple of months ago.

In the write-up which I sent to Ken Rolston for Dorastor: Land of Doom, the use restrictions were part of the write-up. These were dropped by Ken, I believe for space reasons.

When working on Lords of Terror, I wanted to add these back in, but again they were cut, and again I think it was for space reasons.

In The Book of Drastic Resolutions, Volume Chaos, I provided this information on the use restrictions of these spells.

I note that the original Telmor cult write-up, in Heroes #4, by Sandy Petersen, did have the use restrictions. And I know Greg did not say to take them out. Thus, I would suggest that these limitations on casting the spells be taken as still being official.

>>Vormain:
>>Tendencies: Aggressive, Militaristic.

>>I would have thought that the Vormaini would have "Isolationism" as a
>>tendency, given their long history of of this practice.

>I wholeheartedly agree, but it's not a trait in CivII.

Ah, my unfamiliarity with the game is the culprit, then. There is no other trait available which is even close, eh? Too bad.

Gloranthan Goddesses
I swear, I looked at Sandy's list _twice_ and somehow missed Asrelia on it both times. Sorry!

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com