Howl at the Moon

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:45:18 +0000

Thomas asks

>The GoG write-up of Hykim & Mikyh give some example of transform spells.
>Among these are two Telmori ones. Both of them can't be cast on certain
>moon phases. Yet Dorastor containing a far more complete Telmor write-up
>doesn't mention a word on these. I would like what most of you people
>believe is to be true.

Stephen's answes notwithstanding, To have Telmor's magic linked to phases of the Red Moon begs the question what happened prior to the Red Godess taking her place in the heavens?

The answer may lie with Stephens mooted "Changed Ones" tribe, giving us

"Pure Ones" - Change only via Telmori Divine Magic, no limits as to when it can be cast

"Cursed Ones" - Involuntary change (on Wildday) or via Telmori Divine Magic (no limits as to when it can be cast, though the involuntary change may automatically 'cast' any such spells the Telmori has, requiring them to be resacrificed for?)

"Changed Ones" - 6/7 of tribe, Change only via Telmori Divine Magic, but limited as to when it can be cast by the phases of the moon.

Since the "Changed Ones" - at least in Dragon Pass - are apparantly the result of HeroQuesting by Ostling Four-Wolf &/or Sartar, and thus after the ascenscion of the Red Moon, there is no reason why she should not have some effect on their magic - opinions as to why she should will obviously vary depending on who you ask!

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |