Flintnail(?)

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 98 16:22:00 CDT

I'm pretty sure that Isidilian is not Flintnail, although I think that I. was in fact acquainted with Pavis. The part that bugs me about it is this "half-dwarf" thing, which strikes me as a) a DnD-ism and b) not seeming right for the way dwarves are described in most sources. I mean, given how uptight dwarves seem to be about making new dwarves[1], a dwarf willing to procreate with a human would not just have to be apostate, but completely insane. It doesn't work for me.

But it occurred to me while reading all the neat stuff on Flintnail that there's another possibility: that the supposed half-dwarf was actually a full dwarf of the Rock cast, made to Isidilian's specifcations and orders to look just like a human. This dwarf was a special, one-off model that could perform certain tasks without becoming apostate. I haven't figured out yet why Isidilian would do this, though, or what purpose it would serve.

Now, all I need is a clever way to get rid of that annoying "part-elf" deal.

Scotty, Baron Von Moosehsunchen

[1] Maybe dwarf babies look like Smurfs. That would do it.
[2] Special Secret not known by dwarves: ALL dwarves are

    "broken," not just the apostate ones.

Scott Haney scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us I am a computer - dumber than any human and smarter than an administrator.