Panu's complaints.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 20:05:21 +1300 (NZDT)

Pasanen Panu:
>>> I believe that the problem lies within authors, who rarely create
>>> other kinds of characters than average white males/females. Same thing
>>> as putting Agimori to Pamaltela..

Me>> Erm, there are men-and-a-half in prax whereas the praxians themselves >> are hardly Nordic Uebermensch. Not to mention all the nonhumans...

> Yes, there are some men-and-a-half in Prax. Most Agimori are in
> Pamaltela, though. Non-humans are also 'put away' when considered
> from certain POV: they live in dense forests, under mountains and
> in dark hills and mountainsides, for the three major races.
> Draconians live in their obscure cities. Ducks in their swamps.
> Baboons at plains, etc.

So? Where else would you have them live? Agimori in the freezing wastes or elves in underground caves? Dwarves in the treetops and Uz in the sunny desert? The populations are there for good reasons and not because the authors are too unimaginative to think of anything else. If you want to have trolls then play in a region dominated by trolls.

> Some villages might pass for a Middle-Aged European village...

Only in the far west IMHO.

> I would just love it, if the Only Old One still ruled Kethaela,
> with all those Argan Argari scuttling about in their businesses.

Play in the Holy Country during the years 1120 to 1313 ST then. Or buy Tradetalk #3 when it comes out and play in Kustria.

> That's why I also love Duck Point. Having the little mean-tempered
> quackers spices up the place tremendously.

I don't consider Orange to be a spice...